1.25.2008

Psychological Disaster

... There really is no disaster. I just wanted that title for the dramatic effect. x)

Nothing is new since last post. My job is still going well. There have been times when I thought my brain was going to fry from information overload, but it's all managed to compute. All my co-workers are really nice. The owner of the copy shop is married to the owner of Radio Shack just a couple doors away, so I got an invitation to hang out with the guys over there at any time business was slow at the copy shop, which is soooo cool. Last night I went down to RS after I closed shop, and chilled with the guys for a good 20 minutes before I went home. We all had some good laughs. xD

The friend situation is at a complete standstill. No progress, no decline. I've made a couple of new friendships, though, and renewed some old ones (Fishy... you're still a mess. =D). Which is totally cool. And it's helped. I'm sleeping a lot better at night, and I'm getting more work done in the day. Yesterday, I did two loads of my own laundry! I know. I was just as stunned.

I've been able to practice my music more too. My dad recently bought a banjo, so we've been playing around with that. So now we have a keyboard, a piano, two electric guitars, two acoustic guitars, a banjo, and a drum set. Not to mention my brother's armpit percussion, but that's better off leaving unmentioned. >.< Eventually, I'd enjoy getting a bass guitar, and playing around with that. I met up with some friends of mine that I haven't seen in ages, and they have a whole workshop full of instruments. The guy (who's almost 17 and freaking tall) is a percussion musician, but he and his 16 y.o. sister have all kinds of drums, guitars, basses, saxophones, etc. etc. They invited me over to their house sometime just to jam. =)
Plus, the lady who plays piano for my church invited me to lunch sometime soon. She wants to put together a piece to play during a service sometime, with her on the keys, and me on the strings. I basically panicked. haha. But we'll see. It'll probably be very fun, even if I screw up in the middle of it. I don't think my pastor will condemn me to hell if I miss the second verse of Amazing Grace. x) Er... at least, I hope not...

Feb. 14th is coming up!!! I don't know what I'm going to do, but I hope it's gonna be big. =D Oh, I just figured out EXACTLY what I'm going to do! The girls at dance and I have been talking about having a big Jane Austin Movie Marathon, and as far as I know, they're all single, so maybe they can all come to my house, and we'll watch romantic movies all night long. xD hahahahahah. perrrrrfect. A nice, single girls night, drooling over all the Mr. Darcys. Guys, beware! hahahahahah!

Well, it's after 9, and I must be getting ready for work! Today is Denim Day, so I get to wear my jeans instead of black or khaki pants, or my sister's skirts. x) Yayness! I want to wear my "I <3 NY" shirt, and my paint-splattered jeans, but I think that might be a little overboard... my boss might get a hernia...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new blog title. So fitting. ha ha

If we have a big Jane Austen marathon, I demand that we watch Bride & Prejudice. And no, you have no choice in the matter. :P

Mostly Sunny said...

When your musical career takes off, just remember from whom you got the piano. No, not G and G! Me!! Okay, so it's really theirs, but I was its foster parent for 11 years. Surely that counts for something. :}

Anonymous said...

Still a mess.... this coming from a carrot-stick shirker, too. *Shakes head*

=P

I'll always be a mess, likely a broken mess, so you'd better get used to it. xD

Anonymous said...

Okay. I wanna steal your V-day plans. Really. lol