4.04.2008

PRAYER REQUEST

Last night, around 1:05 am, all three skylights in my house were smashed, due to softball-sized hail. Three windows were broken through, and possessions and floors were ruined by the sudden flash of rain pouring into the house.

One of those skylights was directly above my bed.

At 1:00, I awakened to the pounding above me, and all I could think was "The skylight is going to break, and I am going to die." I got out of bed and woke my sister, and met our brothers in the hallway right outside our bedrooms. The boys had a skylight in their room too. Within seconds, the skylights gave way and glass and water went everywhere, leaving us shaken in the hallway.

Both parents were called back from work, and nobody went to bed before 4:30-5 am. I would have stayed up, cleaning my bedroom, but my dad forced me to get some sleep.

This morning, it is our job upstairs to clear everything we own out of our bedrooms. Our insurance will cover the damage, thank God. The dude is coming out to inspect everything this morning, and my dad said that they'd have to pull the carpet off my bedroom floor. (Good side: I hate that carpet with a passion. It is the color of mud. Bad Side: I have a lot of crapola in my room that has to be cleared out, and I am sooooo not looking forward to it.)

Everyone is OK, and no one has stepped on glass - yet. Some pieces of the skylight are still in place, and are very fragile-looking. There's still a lot of glass on floors, and lots of work to be done.

Please pray that everyone will remain safe as we try and fix the damage, and that everything will be returned to normal very shortly. And THANK GOD I wasn't in my bed when the skylight broke, cause I can't thank Him enough.

3 comments:

Antelope said...

Wow, Emma, we didn't catch any of that here. I'm sorry about your stuff! I'll be praying for you all. Wish I could come and help out...

Much love,
Jess

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!

I'm praying for you!! Oh, and I'm back on HSB. It's sad, cause a lot of my friends (including you) aren't on there anymore. *sigh*

Cassidy

Unknown said...

You know, it's providential that your dad & I were at work, because if we'd been home, both cars in the garage would have been smacked by the hail that came through the skylight there.

A live-in witch, huh? You do have a way with words.... :)

I love you and I'm so glad you're safe.