4.26.2008

Rudolph the Red Nose Blondie...

Ahhh... I have been enjoying the last few days in sunny south Florida, where the water is warm, and handsome young men are plentiful. xD Of course, they show up with their size 2, bleached blonde girlfriends, so I end up by myself and making the most of it. I have never known the feeling of being so wonderfully alone - until 2008. It's remarkable.

But anyways. I stray from the actual point of this post. My vacation.

We left on Monday afternoon, or late Monday evening, after the shredded tire in Dallas, which chewed up 2.5 hours by itself. The rest of the 22 hour drive was uneventful - if you don't count screaming in the car while watching Jaws at 10 PM. Not a good flick to watch when you're going to the beach soon. xD We arrived at my grandparents house late on Tuesday. The rest of the afternoon was spent talking and eating. There was little of the latter cause we were all so busy flapping our gums.

Wednesday we went to the beach. It was the first day of La Sunburn. Over 6 hours in the sun, and I thought I couldn't soak enough into my skin, but evidently I did... I didn't want to leave, but my family practically dragged me out. Oh well. It was fun anyway. We went to a pizza joint afterwards. It was nice.

Thursday was our "girls day." Meaning that the boys went fishing and the girls went shopping. I got a good armload of stuff; upperbody garments that would better suit my aching sunburn, a couple of flicks, a necklace, and a wallet. I made off well. :)

Friday was SeaWorld, but that is an entire post in and of itself, so I'll save that for next time. :) But I'll give you a couple hints... imagine very cute guys, no water, more sunburning, with lots of pictures and you have the general idea. =P But I'll definitely expand on that later.

Until then, I'll be whistling Rudolph while rubbing in layers of Aloe Vera. xD

P.S. coming soon... a CD review on Lecrae's album "After the Music Stops". I have been waiting for this CD for forever, and purchased it via Amazon a couple days ago. I'll be able to listen to it when I get back to TX. It's a Christain rap album. I'm so excited!

5 comments:

Chris said...

see...life it not fair. i HATE fishing and LOVE shopping...yeah. and the album is awesome if you are black--but u didn't even like grits so idk if you will like it lol dirty south heyo--best track: jesus muzik

Mostly Sunny said...

I like-o the haircut-o. Looks nice-o. :)

Anonymous said...

:) Hmm... Chris sounds like he would make a very favorable shopping companion. hehe ;) I'm glad to hear that you had a super time! I'm sure the money that was put into GETTING here was pretty cruel to your parents' wallet. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...sounds like one of our vacations! At least the sunburn and the tire. We always end up having car problems on trips, and my sister always ends up with a major sunburn!
Hope you had fun anyway!
Love,
Briana

Unknown said...

*chants* NEW EN-TRY! NEW EN-TRY! NEW EN-TRY!