5.15.2008

Dress codes, Blisters, Dying phones, oh my!

My boss is really cracking down hard on the dress code at work. >.< I don't even own half the stuff I'm supposed to wear, and own everything I'm NOT supposed to wear.

Good stuff (what I have marked by an x):
Black pants (x)
Khaki pants (x)
Capri pants (half an x)
Polo shirts
Button up shirts (I own one that is too small)
Loose, comfortable dresses of suitable length (the one I bought just a short while doesn't fit this category anymore. It is a halter and exposes too much back. >.<)
Denim skirts(long, of course)
Long church skirts
Anything that is "casual business attire"

What Not To Wear:
T-shirts with basically anything on it,
Tank tops
Any top with thin straps
Halter tops
Anything with a low neckline
Shorts
Jeans (except on Fridays)
Flip-flops


I thought I was going to die. *sigh* I have never bought dressy clothes like, ever. Jeans and t-shirts, all day, every day. And wear an ancient skirt on Sundays. Oh well. I guess a shopping trip is in my very near future. Gah.

----

My dance recital is Saturday night, and I have two blisters that will not go away. Do you know how hard it is to find good blister products these days, and especially to find a box that hasn't been broken into already? *sighs again* I can hardly walk in the mornings. My feet feel like they're going to fall off. I've been wearing pointe shoes every day this week and all of last week too. I'm thinking about getting a foot massage after the show. I need like, my friend Randall down here, cause he's weird in the way that he doesn't mind gross ballerina feet. I'm going to con one out of him the next time I see him.

----

My phone's almost dead. Like, not the battery. The phone. I'm so happy!!! I can't wait to update my plan and get off my parent's plan. I want a red Shine. Oh yesss. It shall be heaven on earth. w00t.

Good gravy, it's time for work again. Today, I think I am going to wear... Khaki pants, and.... uh... some sort of top... idk... this is going to be interesting.

No comments: