11.17.2007

Thinking it through...

Ok, so I know my last few posts haven't exactly been in a cheery mood... I feel like I owe an explination as to why I suddenly blew up on my blog like that.

Things have been hard for me in the internet world. A lot of my relationships are based on the internet, and therefore, sometimes they don't always work so smoothly. For instance, there has been one blogger that has been getting under my skin for several months, and I finally lost it.

Why did I lose it? Because I was tired of being competed with. I was/am tired of having to try and prove myself to people I don't even know. I'm through with people preaching at me, and treating me like some little kid. Normally, I'd blow a lot sooner than I did this time, but I guess God wanted to push my limits... see how long I'd hold out... just one of these little lessons He keeps teaching me. Argh, just why does He have to make it so hard?!

A friend of mine told me that I'm a "hard girl to understand sometimes." Part of that is my fault. I don't express myself very accurately, and people often misunderstand my words. So, I am finally going to share the awful truths, so people may begin to have an inkling about the real me.

I have an extremely short temper. You may have experienced it on the net with me, but it's probably worse in real life. But I'm improving. Second, forgiveness is a hard subject with me. I've been hurt - a lot. I'm far from insecure, but I've got this mindset now that I just can't trust people like I used to (especially guys that like me/I like. How much can I share with them, so it doesn't hurt if they pack up and leave?). I am very loyal my friends, but I always doubt that they'll be there when it really counts.

If you asked any one of my friends what my deepest darkest secret is, none of them would be able to tell you. If you asked them what my favorite food is, they can't tell you. If you asked them when my birthday is, 95% of them wouldn't be able to answer. That's cause I don't talk about myself, and they don't ask. That is why I am hard to understand sometimes. It's cause you know nothing about me! I am a better listener than a talker.

So I guess I just want to wrap this up quickly. If you don't "understand" me, or feel like you have to compete with me over something, of if you think I'm someone to be avoided, it's cause you haven't taken the time out of your life to get to know me, or you simply don't care. Do not take me for granted, do not use me, and do not treat me like a child, and we should get along fine. :)

The next post I PROMISE will be a happy one. :)

7 comments:

Rita T. said...

December 14? Being a good listener isn't always a bad thing. But sometimes it helps to be on the other end.
RT

Anna said...

Hey Emma! Your Blog Look's beautiful...I could maybe use your help whenever your feeling up to it...but it's okay if ya' can't...I won't die LoL..I loved your shut-up song...I wish I could write songs like you...your very talented! -Hugs-
~Kayla

Anonymous said...

It sounds like God is really working in your life right now. Mom always used to tell us that things usually get worse before they get better. Keep looking up!

Send me a message or a comment sometime with a little about yourself... or steal a tag from someone so we could get to know you a little better! I enjoy learning about my friends (especially when they live in my third favorite state - Texas!!).

God bless ya'!

Chris said...

Yeah, alot of my friendships are online (as you know.) I'm not as much a temper or a trust, but i am insecure. But yeah i get what you are saying. And heyo, myaswell blow up on ur blog than in person right?

Unknown said...

Ha ha, you call that a blow-up? I've seen you blow up in real life. Now that's scary. LOL.

I have to agree, though - it's extremely irritating to be preached at by someone who doesn't even know you well. That's why I don't believe in giving/receiving "counsel" online, because it's rarely done in real Christian love between people who genuinely know each other's hearts.

Have I told you I know what you're getting for your birthday? :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment.

God bless,
Christine

Anonymous said...

It's December 14th. Ha. I know it yay me. I just found your blog. So you had better not write anything bad about me... haha. So Yeah. And guess what... I did let you down that one time. So I'm sorry for that. But you had better be happy. I know this is an old one. But still. Be happy.

Luv ya!
Teddy.