11.02.2007

Who Am I?

I am stuck in a world where I don't belong,
Escape is impossible; the road back is gone.
Where do I go? Where can I hide?
They will find me... Find me hidden deep inside
Myself, searching for the one hidden truth
The one hidden truth I managed to lose
And now the one I cannot seem to find...
The one question... who am I?
I see myself from the outside looking in,
So cold, so alone... undone, so sullen.
The outside mask hides what I do not want to see,
My own inerself, my true identity.
So long ago when I shut myself out
That the key is lost, forever, no doubt.
If there's a way, i'll break and enter,
But am I ready to find the truth when I get there?
So I'll keep looking until my time draws to a close,
From there I'll go on to whoever knows.
No one will see my unwanted form,
Nameless, broken, walking out the door.
But for the last time. I cry, knowing this is my time.
I have failed in this pitiful life of mine.
My task is over, I'll never know the truth.
But, so is life... I've done all I can do.
I'm dying now, leaving my questions behind,
For someone else to answer: Who am I?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You continue to amaze me with your lyrics... Great job!

Thomas

Anonymous said...

I definitely know what you mean. I went through those same feelings in ninth grade when my best friend deserted me. I really didn't know who I was without her. I wrote a lot of poetry like your "Who Am I?" then. Thankfully, after a while (in a year or two) I finally found out who I was in Christ (though I am far from "perfect" because it still bothers me at times).

I pray that you have found (or will find) who you are meant to be by the Grace of God.

God bless,
Christine

Anonymous said...

I left a comment yesterday and now it is gone!! Oh well...

The real bummer is that I forgot what I wrote!

Great job on the lyrics. You continue to amaze me with your writing abilities. Keep up the good work!

ThOmAs

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh. I see the little green words at the top of the page that say, and I quote:

"Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval."

It's all becoming clear now...

Thomas

Bullet said...

Christine,
thanks for your comment, but I was just writing for the fun of it. I know who I am, and why I'm here.

And Thomas, sorry about confusing you! I tried the comment moderation, but it's a little more time consuming on a dial up computer. I have removed the feature. lol.

Emma

Rita T. said...

I'm glad your poem was in fun, because I found it scary. I'm not good at interpreting poetry, it's so based on an artist's own concept of what he/she wants to really say. You've written a lot of good poems. I like the cowboy and ballerina one. Maybe you could post that one here sometime?
RT

Anonymous said...

Emma,
I'm glad to hear that you don't actually feel that way. It's not a very good feeling :( I guess I do sort of assume that people write about themselves on their blogs unless they distinctly say otherwise (from your comment on Rita T.'s blog). I know that "professional" poets don't necessarily right about themselves, but most of my friends' poems are either about themselves, feelings they've had, or their friends/relationships. I really do care about how you're doing. You're in my prayers.
God bless,
Christine