10.04.2007

The Present

Yesterday, guess what I got to do! Pull fence posts, and put in new ones! Yay for me. >.< Then I got a spiderbite on the back of my leg that's the size of half my palm. owchies.

I need new pointe shoes. The ones I have are dead in the boxes (the tip, and the part that goes around the toes) and it feels like I'm dancing barefoot. I've only had the shoes for a couple months... I guess I just wear them out fast. I'm going to switch to a new brand and see how that goes. =/

Mom and I went to the thrift store the other day, looking for little odds and ends we needed. (Isn't it nice when you find a designer purse in a thrift store? Or even better when you get old handmedowns that no one can recognize and think you bought it new? Waste not, want not.) The only thing was... as I was browsing through the shelves, I felt a certain similarity to Napoleon Dynamite. O_o If I had found a fake dagger, I would have had to put it through my belt loop and whisper "That's flippin' sweeeet." I walked up to my mom, who was examining a shirt, and commented "I like those sleeves. They're real big." And she just cracked up. x)

Went to an outdoor festival the other day. I rock climbed (and won against my sister), went through the blowup obstacle course (lost to my sister), ate a couple hot dogs, and danced the night away. :) it was a lot of fun.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that photo of you. You look so .... free. And happy.

Thomas and Lindsey said...

So you moved... I hope I wasn't one of those snooty ones that you mentioned in your first post!

I gave Ben a hug for you like you asked. He thought it was a little weird, because I don't usually give him a hug!! He is doing better though... Thanks!

I agree with your mom... you look so free! Dance girl! Dance!

See ya around...

Thomas

Anonymous said...

Lol, Napoleon Dynamite. :P

Sorry about the spider bite. :( Although the festival sounds like fun. =D

Thomas and Lindsey said...

Thanks for reassuring me! Two comments in two days... I feel so special!

Actually, the only picture that I took was of my dad standing in front of the hydrant. The rest were taken by either 1)Mom or 2)Matthew (my brother in the first picture [who actually takes really really good pictures]).

Later.

Thomas

Rita T. said...

I love festivals and it looks so WARM there! But I don't dance (You look like you're having fun, though.)

Anonymous said...

Hey Emma... Thank you so much for adding me to your list! Your very pretty in that picture....
~Kayla
(I miss you on hsb!)

Anonymous said...

Hey you! you left hsb! yep...well u prob already knew that...but yeah good for you! i left hsb for awhile too but that was cuz my internet went down...hehehe but yeah Erin told me on the phone that you had left hsb

oh yeah and you get 10 points for saying burn out bright all the time :)