10.30.2007

Shut up and be grateful.

So, on Friday night I went to see Switchfoot and Relient K in concert - and I was going to see one of my best girl friends there. She has a lot of money in her family, and I always feel a little intimidated when I'm around her. Normally, I don't give a flying belch in space what anyone thinks about how I look, but with Samantha... I totally freaked out over my outfit and hair and stuff. So when I saw her that night... She had on exactly the same outfit. And I mean EXACTLY the same. So I'm taking that as God's way of saying, "Now see? You were all worked up, and now you find that you and Samantha are exactly the same. So sit down, shut up, and be grateful."

God has an amazing sense of humor.

Yesterday morning, I went into surgery to have my wisdom teeth removed. Hehe, it was actually pretty funny... I went in the office, and the doc came in to talk one-on-one with me, and then they knocked me out. I remember waking up afterwards in a curtained room, with my mom and a nurse beside me. They told me to go back to sleep, so I complied. Then I remember waking up again, and being put in a wheelchair. I think I feel alseep on the ride from the office to my car, and then when I got into the car, the nurse was helping me stand up and stuff, and I think I got mad at her cause I wanted to do it myself. I slept the whole way home (can you tell I love sleeping?), and when I got out of the car in the garage, my mom was supporting me and stuff... and then I passed out.

I think that was the best part of the whole day. haha. I just woke up, and I was like, where am I? Mom said I fainted, and they almost called an ambulence to get me. I just cracked up. I hobbled inside and collapsed on the sofa, and ever since, all I've had to do is eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, take meds, and tell my siblings to go get things for me. It's really not that bad... besides the hunger factor. I could eat a whole chicken and a half by myself, plus a cheeze pizza, french fries, and bacon.

I just have to keep reminding myself to just shut up and be grateful, right? ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... exactly the same... how did you manage that? lol.

But, yeah, see, that's so the most amazing part about being "under the weather"... I love telling my brothers to go make me soup... =]

Anna said...

I'm sorry I forgot to add you emma!!! HSB was getting so overwhelming lol..I had a hard time keeping up with comments...now we can get back in touch!!! I got 3 Relient K cd's (The Anatomy of tounge in cheek,mmhmm and 5 score and 7 years ago so yeah now I understand most of your hsb blog names LoL!!!)
*hugz*
~Kayla

Anna said...

*Ahem* Me again..tell me your pug is not named dewey!!! That is so funny! I have another friend (who's name also happens to be emma lol!) who just got a pug/beagle mix (hehe a puggle!) who's name is dewey...hehe..tiz funny!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Switchfoot and Relient K concert? =D How was it?

Wow, sounds like an interesting experience...does it hurt at all?

Unknown said...

Okay, the part where you fainted in the garage was NOT my favorite part of the day. You freaked me out and took yet another 5 years off my life. At this rate, I'm going to have to get younger just so I can die at age 25.

Anonymous said...

I always wondered if it was true...

When people in the movies wake up after a surgery, or a bad accident, and their loved ones, who are standing at bedside, tell them to go back to sleep and so they readily comply. Thank you for enlightening me!

The sleeping for hours and hours would be nice, but the constant hunger would drive me crazy. Like every other sane person in the world... I love food!!

I know... I know... posting is on the to do list. Uploading pictures at home is impossible because of our slow internet connection. I go to work on Thursday, so look for it then!

Get well soon!

Thomas

Anonymous said...

Ooohh... Passing out doesn't sound fun but bossing my siblings sounds REALLY FUN!! The reason being Osprey is the only sibling able to do things for people Little guy being to young still! :-D

Chris said...

Hey, still no pics of the show!! O_O

Yep well i understand, ur mouth and everything. I hope you get well soon!